Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thoughts on my first 5 days as The Reigning Queen of Burlesque

Dear Darlings,

Aside from eating bon-bons and having my hand kissed by passers-by, I have been hard at work crafting Royal Edicts to issue.  Fear not, they're forthcoming.

Ha! But seriously. This week has been mostly awestruck moments of gratitude, seemingly endless unpacking, and long congratulatory phone calls with my family.  I have managed to get some actual "work" done, however:

Along with several brilliant PR advisors, I have written a series of press releases designed to bring attention to the Burlesque Hall of Fame, targeted to different communities of interest.  We are working on a Public Relations and Media plan that is designed to leverage the title of Reigning Queen of Burlesque to the benefit of the Burlesque Hall of Fame and Museum.  And, in the next few weeks, I will be meeting with members of the Board of BHoF to see how I can help meet their larger goals.

My immediate objectives are:

1. Support the Kickstarter campaign for the film "Exotic World and the Burlesque Revival", which stands to be the most useful and important fundraising vehicle for BHoF.  Please donate today! http://kck.st/mPbTLR

2. Continue to promote and plan the 4th BurlyCon Burlesque Convention in Seattle scheduled for Oct 20-24.  Early Bird registration rates end June 15!http://www.burlycon.org/

3. Meet with members of the Leather and Drag communities to research how their titles are used for the benefit of the communities, and see if there are duties and responsibilities that are applicable to our community.

4. Wear my tiara at all possible events, including TODAY at the screening of Tournee for the Seattle International Film Festival!

5. Create a new email address "suggestionbox@missindigoblue.com" (active on Monday) for all of your ideas about what the RQOB should do this year!

In the meantime, I'm also back at work teaching at the Academy, performing at private events in Seattle, and planning my trip to Denver for the Colorado Burlesque Festival in July.

I can't say enough how grateful I am for the opportunity to serve the community.  It is a tremendous honor. I'm sending love, tassels, and big wet Roxi D'lite flavored kisses to you all.

Indigo Blue
The Reigning Queen of Burlesque
Miss Exotic World 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment